Access to Health Records

Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you, or an authorised representative, are entitled to access your health records.

How can I see my records?

To ask to see your own health records please complete our Application for Access to Health Records Form (download below).

If you are unable to print off this form then paper copies are available by contacting us.

Your request should be sent to:

Access to Health Records
Community Dental Services CIC
Colworth House
Colworth Park
Bedfordshire MK44 1LZ
Tel: 0333 207 5992


Please state who you are and how you can be contacted.

You may wish to obtain all, or parts of your health record, so please do specify any particular treatment dates you wish to view.

Who else can see my records?

Anyone who has parental responsibility for a child under the age of 16
Anyone appointed by the courts authorised in writing
A representative of a deceased patient authorised in writing

What happens next?

The Access to Health Records Officer will either deal with the access request directly, or request further details from you, the patient, to ensure that they are dealing with the correct person.
The Officer will comply with the request within one month of receipt of the request.